6/27/2013

Kristen Stewart Powerful!?




I've never liked Kristen Stewart, I never understood the hype around her, I never liked her acting style, plus, I seriously never, and never will, understand why, why, oh why, she was cast to portray Bella Swan on Twilight. I honestly think K-Stew is the reason why the Twilight Saga never made a real impression with the   critics who truly have an eye for good films, unfortunately, the only good impression the movies made were with 13-year-old girls and horny moms who got tired of watching The View.

In my opinion, Bella should have been played by someone vibrant, someone who can cry, laugh, love on screen an emotionally connect with everyone in the audience. Someone who draws whoever watches into the plot, making them feel like they're in her shoes, actually relating to her.
Kristen's acting style bases itself on fake studdering, grasping her forehead, shaking her head when something she cannot believe happens, and swallowing in the middle of a sentence like she got some sort of saliva problem.

I need to be able to understand why Edward and Jacob, two perfectly lovely men (well, except for the being -a-supernatural-essence-part) are so in love with Bella, they would die for her. And I think it's safe to say, I don't understand it. I really, really think it's weird they find such a deep connection with the girl, if I were Edward or Jake I would be seriously petrified by that blank stare and go stalk someone who actually knows how to smile. With their teeth. For more than 1.5 seconds.

This is why there's team Edward, team Jacob, but there is no team Bella rooting for that poor girl to get the hell out of Forks to go and live with a normal person whose life doesn't depend on drinking blood or someone who doesn't turn into a gotdamn wolf when he's ticked off.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm not a big fan of Kristen Stewart.
But appearantly, a lot of people are, as the 23-year-old actress (strong word) recently placed #4 on
Forbes Celebrity 100 Power Actresses, beating heavyweight like Meryl Streep and Gwyneth Paltrow to the punch. I mean that is pretty cray. Kristen made the list because of her involvement in blockbusters such as Snow White and The Huntsman and, of course The Twilight Saga.

Number #3 was Jennifer Aniston, #2 Jennifer Lawrence and #1 Angelina Jolie. I mean, I can't argue with that. And all of a sudden, Kristen pops into the picture? How... What... I'm studdering online. It takes a lot for me to studder online.

But I'm sure I wouldn't have to tell K-Stew that. We all know she's quite familiar with the verb that is studdering.



No comments:

Post a Comment